The Ministry of Trade, Industry, Regional Integration and Employment (MOTIE) wishes to inform the general public that a consultative meeting with all the relevant stakeholders in the livestock sector was organised on June 20th, 2023.
The objective of the meeting was to facilitate the importation and sales of livestock in preparation for the Tobaski feast.
1. The Gambia Revenue Authority (GRA) will waive all import duties and domestic taxes on livestock during the period.
2. The GPA Ferry Services will reduce the fees for ferry crossing by 50%. All livestock dealers with more than five (5) animals are required to transport their animals in a vehicle during
the ferry crossing.
3. The Banjul City Council and the Brikama Area Council will waive all fees and taxes for livestock dealers during the period.
4. The Kanifing Municipal Council will also waive fees and taxes for the livestock dealers except for the cleaning fees.
5. The Gambia Police Force will reinforce security during the period especially at the designate sales points.
6. The Gambia Immigration Department will facilitate entry of the dealers into the country and where necessary will issue laissez passe free of charge to anyone from the ECOWAS
The Ministry is calling on all national and regional livestock dealers to take advantage of the measures being implemented by the government to facilitate the entrance and sale of rams in The
The objective is to ensure that rams are available, accessible, and affordable to meet the needs of the people.
MOTIE takes this opportunity to thank all stakeholders for this collaboration and wishes all Gambians and residents of The Gambia a rewarding and joyful Tobaski.
Done in Banjul
Sign & date …………………………………………………….